Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Unique Family Tradition

This LO is a bit different than what I usually post. There's no real design or beauty to it, I just wanted to tell a story. This is a unique tradition we do in the Ysseldyk family every year when the immediate relatives get together: We challenge the kids to eat a raw fish. I was surprised this year, because my two kids and my stepdaughter's b/f were the only people interested in participating. I have a very competitive spirit, and I think I've passed that on to them. LOL My son, Conner, has developed a love of sushi so this wasn't too big a deal for him, but his chewing abilities were no match for my daughter. The newcomer, Nathan, didn't have a chance. He couldn't even finish! I'm so proud of my kids!



4 comments:

  1. Yes it's a strange tradition, but why not! It's a great story to tell for future generations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I don't think I could compete but congrats to your daughter for winning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids did a good job! Nice photos, really tells the story of your tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly couldn't compete - but what hilarious pics to treasure!

    ReplyDelete