Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Paper Secrets Birthday Bash Challenges

Well, it was a busy weekend for me as I scrambled to complete as many Paper Secrets Birthday Bash challenges as I could. I managed to complete 5 total. The first was The Graduate, which was my previous post, but here are the other four:

Shabby Chic
The challenge was to use a pre-50's photo, paint, stitching, distressing, and pastel tones. This is the first time I tried stitching, so I kept it to a minimum, but I just loved the effect, as you'll see in later challenges. :)


Remember When
The Challenge was to do something related to the number 2, as it is Paper Secrets' second birthday. I tried more stitching on this layout of my daughter and her best friend.



And here's a close-up of the details:



BINGO
The challenge with this layout was to pick a row or column on a Bingo board and use everything in that row/column. The row I chose required me to use: brads, the color green, flowers, rub ons, and tearing. Here's the result:



Inspired By...
The last challenge I managed to complete for the weekend was an Inspiration challenge. Here is the image I was supposed to garner my inspiration from:


My inspired LO is below. I'm also using this for the Scrapbook Challenges Wild Card challenge to use hidden journaling, the Paper Issues challenge to do something Spring-related, and the Berry71Bleu challenge to use a Burst of Color. I was going to use it for the Let's Scrap challenge of creating three different handmade flowers, but I missed the deadline.

This is my darling stepdaughter doing silly poses. I had fun with the stitching on this one, and it's my favorite of the weekend. The big flower is actually an origami flower that my son made (he can make ANYTHING out of origami -- I'll have to put in an order for him LOL), and the yellow flower was made following a tutorial by Natalie at Scrapbook Challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment